Jun 6, 2012

and all the cigarettes that i have never smoked



Happy Wednesday er-body You are officially two days away from the weekend, which for people my age (16) is really irrelevant since we are on summer break and out of hell school (unless you're one of those unfortunate souls who has been forced to go to *summer school* (or unless you're one of those unfortunate souls who has willingly signed up for it)). I'm almost positive, however, that sometime this weekend your are gonna wanna leave your home/workplace/school/cave and do a little exploring. Which brings me to today's topic...pants. 
Whether your planning on visiting your local farmer's market, walking the dog, or HITN' UP DU CLUB pants are the way to go. I mean come on, who does not like pants? (raises hand, shyly) ME. I dislike pants very much and find them very uncomfortable, but then again i am more of a skirt or dress kind of girl ( a big ungrade from my skort days). 

However these pants are the only exception! Yep that's right, girlfriend! I love me some sparkly, bright, cropped, patterned, tapered pants! 
 
Emanuel Ungaro Spring 2012 RTW
Alice + Olivia 2012 Spring RTW



















I am especially in love with these Emanuel Ungaro cigarette-slouchy-tie-die-tropical pants! They make me wanna drink fruit punch and wear a bowl of fruit on my head! And don't even get me started on the Alice+Olivia high waist vintage pants. They remind me of  peddler pants, popularized by Sandra Dee and Audrey Hepburn in the 50s and 60s, and to my liking, they seem to be coming back in style.
    
    Sandra Dee (google images)

                      
Audrey Hepburn (google images)
I personally have fancied these pants for a long time and would desperately search for them every time I entered a vintage or thrift shop. The one Audrey Hepburn is wearing in the left photograph reminds me of a lovely table cover my mom placed in our kitchen! A similar, very 1960s out-riding-a-bike-in-the-park type pants could be seen in the Steve Alan Spring 2012 show.
Steve Alan Spring 2012 RTW
Diesel Spring 2012 RTW      



       

However, nothing can compare to these stellar Diesel pants. Sparkle, sag, and all. So go out there and get yo self some crazy pants! Be fierce. Like Tyra Banks F.I.E.R.C.E!
-RM

No comments:

Post a Comment